The Enterprise Storage System for Large Data Centers
The ETERNUS DX8700 S2 enterprise disk storage system, with Intel® Xeon® processors and multi-dimensional scalability, is purpose-built for large enterprises. Enterprises are no longer forced to accurately anticipate future capacity demand levels and to select a specific high-end model with a fixed data-capacity range. ETERNUS DX8700 S2 offers a unique modular architecture that can be flexibly expanded according to business needs. With minimum initial costs customers can start with a two controller module system and four drive enclosures. Maximum performance with up to 128 front-end ports for host connectivity can be obtained easily by scaling up to eight controller modules. In order to obtain simultaneous connection to different network types, FC, FCoE and iSCSI host interfaces can operate in mixed configurations.
Software licenses have a fixed price, based on the number of controllers used instead of the more usual variable data capacities. This transparent licensing model allows gradual capacity upgrading to a maximum of 3,072 disk drives without resulting in price increases caused by having to purchase non-planned licenses. Fujitsu’s Flexible Data Management concept enables a higher level of automation for storage tiering, including support for SAS, Nearline SAS and SSD drive options and capacities that ensure an optimum service level in dynamic and fast-changing environments as well as reducing the overall total cost of storage. The challenges caused by data exposure protection are addressed using innovative Self-Encrypting Drives (SED).
System robustness with redundant interconnections to the storage array, internal redundant components and local data copy options ensure high availability for today’s non-stop business. Remote replication to a second ETERNUS DX storage device protects all valuable data assets across the entire enterprise against site outages.
Recommended Service: 24 x 7 Fujitsu support for enterprise class services.
|High end storage for large data centers||
|Supports flexible growth without high pre-investments||
|Unique and consistent family concept||
|Model||ETERNUS DX8700 S2|
|Interfaces||Fibre Channel (up to 16 Gbit/s), FCoE (10 Gbit/s), iSCSI (10 / 1Gbit/s)|
|Max. Drives||Up to 3,072 x SSD, SAS and Nearline SAS in mixed configuration (3.5″ / 2.5″)|
|Max. Capacity||6,144 TB|
|No. of host interfaces||4 – 128|
|No. of connect. Hosts||Max. 2,048|
|RAID Level||0, 1, 1+0, 5, 5+0, 6|
|Thin Provisioning & AST||Yes|
|Storage Management||ETERNUS SF software suite|
For futher information, please see ETERNUS DX8700 datasheet
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX100 S3
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX200 S3
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX200F
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX500 S3
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX600 S3
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX60 S2
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX80 S2
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX90 S2
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX400 S2 Series
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX8700 S2 Series
- White Paper: Silverton Consulting White Paper: Fujitsu Storage ETERNUS DX200 S3 Performance
- White Paper: IDC – Considerations When Purchasing Storage Solutions
- White Paper: IDC – What to Consider When Investing in High-End Storage?
- White Paper: IDC – Optimising Your Storage: What To Look For?
- ETERNUS DX200 All-Flash Edition
- ETERNUS DX S3 SMB brochure
- ETERNUS DX S3 Family brochure
- ETERNUS DX S3 flyer
- eBook: Storage Strategy Matters (for SMBs)
- Flyer: Expand Your Business with the World’s Most Cost Efficient Storage System
- Flyer: Modern Snapshot-based Data Protection
- White paper: Infrastructure Products from Fujitsu – Ideal for Big Data
- Whitepaper: Fujitsu ETERNUS and CommVault Simpana
- Whitepaper: ETERNUS DX 8700 S2 Hardware Architecture
- Whitepaper: ETERNUS DX Feature Set
- Whitepaper: How ETERNUS DX contributes to energy efficiency, cost savings and a human-centric intelligent society
- Whitepaper: ETERNUS DX Optimization Feature and Automated Storage Tiering
- Whitepaper: Integration of ETERNUS DX Storage Systems in VMware Environments
- White paper: Compliance – particularly for e-mails and digital documents
- Whitepaper: ETERNUS SF
Support Packs Options
Globally available in major business areas:
- 9×5, Next Business Day, Onsite Response Time
- 9×5, 4h Onsite Response Time
- 24×7, 4h Onsite Response Time
24×7, Onsite Response Time: 4h.