Superior performance at reasonable cost
The fastest servers and network connections in the world are not much help if storage systems cannot read or write data at a rapid pace. Performance-hungry databases, time-consuming data analyses, frequently accessed online applications and virtualized server or desktop environments can lead to storage bottlenecks very quickly.
Solid state drives (SSDs) can increase speed by a factor of 100 or more, and they considerably outperform hard disks. Performance and response issues could be solved immediately if all the data in performance-intensive applications resided on a storage system equipped with SSDs. Although SSDs are more expensive in terms of purchase price, the added cost is offset when they are deployed in environments which require high performance levels.
Temporary solutions based on hard disks can be expensive as well – and their performance is much lower than SSD solutions. Approaches such as investments in dedicated storage systems per application, the distribution of data over as many hard disks as possible, or frequent system tuning are only stop-gap solutions at best. And they usually deliver relatively poor overall storage system utilization.
Fujitsu’s ETERNUS DX200F in contrary offers a solution which can help immediately solving all the performance problems in business critical applications –without the need of any complicated tuning measures. ETERNUS DX200F is a pre-configured system supplied with 5 – 24 SSDs offering up to 38.4 TByte total capacity. In contrast to very expensive all-flash array solutions based on special architectures, ETERNUS DX200F is based on the proven high-performance standard architecture of the ETERNUS DX series. A comparable ETERNUS DX200 S3 system has achieved convincing performance values* proven by the de facto standard storage industry benchmark SPC-1™ .
Resultantly with ETERNUS DX200F Fujitsu offers a very fast flash-only storage system that covers many application scenarios requiring high data performance at a substantial lower price-point than purpose built flash storage systems.
ETERNUS DX is powered by Intel® Xeon® processors.
Intel, the Intel logo, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
|Complete SSD-based system||Immediate with a factor 5 more IOPS performance. No expensive tuning measures or complex assignment of data to the various hard disk types and flash storage media|
|5 – 24 SSDs with either 800 GB or 1,600 GB||Can be used immediately. Up to 38.4 TB of raw capacity, sufficient memory for all applications in the company requiring high data rates and low response times|
|Based on standard architectures||Available at a substantial lower price compared with purpose-built flash systems|
|Standardized storage management software to manage all ETERNUS DX systems||ETERNUS DX200F can be managed together with all the other ETERNUS DX systems via a central management console|
|The best possible integration in server virtualization environments||Integration of the system in management tools from VMware and MS Hyper-V|
|Quality-of-Service and Thin Provisioning||Control of applications priorities according to business needs. Capacity optimization consisting of over-provisioning and the new space reclamation feature returning deleted capacity back to the disk pool.|
|16 Gb Fibre Channel and/or 10 Gb iSCSI connection||Flexible choice of high data throughput between server and storage|
- 2U height standard 19” enclosure
- 2x power supplies
- 2x storage controller modules for high-availability
- 16 GB cache
- Complementary ETERNUS SF Express management software
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX100 S3
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX200 S3
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX200F
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX500 S3
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX600 S3
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX60 S2
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX80 S2
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX90 S2
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX400 S2 Series
- Data Sheet: ETERNUS DX8700 S2 Series
- White Paper: Silverton Consulting White Paper: Fujitsu Storage ETERNUS DX200 S3 Performance
- White Paper: IDC – Considerations When Purchasing Storage Solutions
- White Paper: IDC – What to Consider When Investing in High-End Storage?
- White Paper: IDC – Optimising Your Storage: What To Look For?
- ETERNUS DX200 All-Flash Edition
- ETERNUS DX S3 SMB brochure
- ETERNUS DX S3 Family brochure
- ETERNUS DX S3 flyer
- eBook: Storage Strategy Matters (for SMBs)
- Flyer: Expand Your Business with the World’s Most Cost Efficient Storage System
- Flyer: Modern Snapshot-based Data Protection
- White paper: Infrastructure Products from Fujitsu – Ideal for Big Data
- Whitepaper: Fujitsu ETERNUS and CommVault Simpana
- Whitepaper: ETERNUS DX 8700 S2 Hardware Architecture
- Whitepaper: ETERNUS DX Feature Set
- Whitepaper: How ETERNUS DX contributes to energy efficiency, cost savings and a human-centric intelligent society
- Whitepaper: ETERNUS DX Optimization Feature and Automated Storage Tiering
- Whitepaper: Integration of ETERNUS DX Storage Systems in VMware Environments
- White paper: Compliance – particularly for e-mails and digital documents
- Whitepaper: ETERNUS SF
Support Packs Options
Globally available in major business areas:
- 9×5, Next Business Day, Onsite Response Time
- 9×5, 4h Onsite Response Time
- 24×7, 4h Onsite Response Time
24×7, Onsite Response Time: 4h.